The current CDC COVID-19 Community Level is: LOW. What it means is
|Face coverings indoors||Voluntary|
|Face coverings on the Lab shuttles||Voluntary|
|Physical distancing (>6 feet) indoors|
and avoid crowds
LBNL does not provide self-administered rapid COVID tests. We do provide masks at the reception desk.
For those visiting LBNL,
1. Perform a COVID-19 symptom self-check prior to each day’s visit to the Lab. Visitors are recommended to commit to a health pledge when visiting the Laboratory. DO NOT VISIT AN LBNL SITE OR EVENT IF: You have COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19. COVID-19 symptoms include:
● Fever (≥ 100 deg F*) or chills
● Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
● Muscle or body aches
● New loss of taste or smell
● Sore Throat
● Congestion or runny nose
● Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
2. When visitors travel to LBNL from locations outside of the nine Bay Area Counties, they are expected to follow CDC travel guidance with respect to testing and quarantine. (Local county for events outside of the Bay Area.) Be advised of new negative COVID testing requirements for travelers arriving from China, Hong Kong, or Macau, even if transiting through other airports (effective 1/5/23).
3. Follow the onsite COVID-19 Protocols for Visitors and Hosts and, if applicable, COVID-19 Protocols for In-Person Meetings along with any event-specific guidance.