BOOST 2023 is the 15th conference of a series of successful joint theory/experiment workshops that bring together the world's leading experts from theory and LHC/RHIC experiments to discuss the latest progress and develop new approaches on the reconstruction of and use of jet substructure to study Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD) and look for physics beyond the Standard Model.
The conference will cover the following topics:
- Searches for new particles (phenomenology and experiment)
- QCD calculations and measurements in vacuum or in medium from any collision system
- Jet reconstruction and calibration
- Other aspects of hadronic final state reconstruction, such as pileup mitigation
- New observables and techniques, including with machine learning
- Studies related to future colliders
- SLAC (2009)
- Oxford (2010)
- Princeton (2011)
- Valencia (2012)
- Flagstaff (2013)
- London (2014)
- Chicago (2015)
- Zurich (2016)
- Buffalo (2017)
- Paris (2018)
- Boston (2019)
- Virtual (2020)
- Virtual (2021)
- Hamburg (2022)
N.B. Berkeley et al. was originally scheduled to host in 2021, but this was postponed to 2022 and then again to 2023 because of Covid19.
Note: All talks will be in the building 50 auditorium. Wednesday afternoon is open for participants to collaborate and/or explore the SF Bay Area! We will end at lunchtime on Friday.